Thread: I quit my job!
View Single Post
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 00:00   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I quit my job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
There were no career prospects and it frustrated me sitting there and seeing all the problems yet no one would listen/care about my ideas for the solutions.
You were right to quit. There's plenty of places who will listen so there's no point squandering your efforts and energies on the ones that won't.
Quote:
It was also supposed to be temporary in the sense that I find a real job, a graduate job. However I had applied to a few (not nearly enough of course) and I hadn't been lucky enough to beat off the competition and gain a graduate job.
I was in the same boat when I finished Uni and as a result spent a while doing shit jobs. The lowest point was when I applied for a peon job at Ryman's the Stationers...and failed to get an interview.

T&F was the same from what I can remember. (he worked in William Hill for a while) Eventually it sorted itself out though and ultimately it doesn't really seem to matter that much if you don't leap into the career you want. A friend of mine only started on an engineering graduate scheme at 25. Yeah, he's slightly older than the other people on the same scheme but so what?

Although on a vaguely related note I am still bemused every year when they start talking about the average starting salary for graduates being some wildly optimistic figure. Makes you wonder what some are getting to distort the figures so wildly.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote