Thread: Margaret Hodge
View Single Post
Unread 29 May 2007, 13:19   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Margaret Hodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
what about if they're brown you hate brownies
If housing allocation was decided by who I found attractive not many people would have homes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
Dante, I like the way you say "unhelpful" in describing Miss Hodge`s remarks. Your`re not a bleeding heart sociologist are you?
I'm not sure what bleeding heart means, but my sympathies are almost always with the dispossessed, if that's what you mean. I don't know if I am a sociologist (although I play one on the internet), but I work in housing. Does that answer your question?

My views are largely enlightened self-interest, either retrospectively or generally. If we do not sort out housing in this country then life will be worse for everyone, not just the whomever we leave at the bottom. If we are going to take view that condemns vast swathes of the population into miserable conditions then at least can we prepare for the near-inevitable conditions (i.e. build gated communities, have lots and lots of prisons, and have armed guards every 100yds).

The shortage in housing supply has not occurred suddenly, and is the result of deliberate policies to slow/stop building (either by certain bodies or in certain areas, or both). Last year we as a nation built something like 1/5th the homes that Spain did and Spain has less people than us (and Spanish builders are not famed for their efficiency). We can build properties if we need to, and so it annoys me that we are having to worry about "which group to piss off" (as weeks puts it) rather than simply just ensuring there are enough homes built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov
Wiping out the redundent class class better known as the bourguise would also help, Dante.
Perhaps, but there is still the issue of what we are going to do about scarcity. I'm not sure how many people are killed in your day dreams comrade, but I still doubt there would be enough homes to go around, at least not properly located / sized / etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote