View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 13:59   #40
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the Union Forever?

This is basically the complicated nature of the dual and not neccesarily mutually compatible ideas of devolving and decentralising power, and pooling sovereignity where its mutually beneficial.

Of course you are right, bringing up the Highlands / Glasgow&Eburg thing. If you talk to phang, you'll find quite a lot of his time is spent lamenting the 'west coast media' in Scotland. As far as im concerned, local issues can be best dealt with at a local level. Im not sure theres actually anything i disagree with you on here. Im probably missing something, but feel free to probe away.

My issue is partly that i feel more comfortable with power being devolved to Brussels, than to London. I dont agree with british power projection, or with the bandwagoning behind America. For Scotland - a country with no real international disputes, and no need for military projection or to sustain a military presence anywhere - a situation where sovereignty is pooled in a multipolar institution is much preferrable than one where its invested in an ex imperial power, with all the things that come with that.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote