View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 13:28   #29
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the Union Forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If you don't agree with your nation's foreign policy form your own nation! It's all about small vaguely defined groups getting what they want. God knows we need more of that in politics today.
No, what we need is more groups of people being completely ignored by their representative body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
This is absurd. Just because Britain votes in absurd right wing governments, doesn't mean the Scottish can't vote in equally absurd left wing ones, like that libdem/labour coalition you have. Crap governments are crap governments whatever wing they are on.
Entirely true. But i'll take my chances with a crap left wing government rather than a crap right wing government. Its called democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Other stuff, and...

The point about Scotland being to the left of England is facetious though; you may note that there's no 'Scotland and Tyne & Wear' independence movement.
Yes, the self-identification issue is a big one, i started off by saying i dont feel British. Thats simply because Britain has failed to encompass the Scottish identity in 300 years, from my point of view and from the point of view of others.

However im treading carefully, because i see myself as an internationalist rather than a nationalist. But each country's political culture is different and for me at any rate is a significant part of what it means to be part of a nation. I very much doubt i would feel as strongly Scottish rather than British, for example, if there was a left-wing government i could identify with in london, and a tory government in holyrood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I suspect the Union will be a less important issue in the long term, given further EU integration (which seems likely) and likely demographic changes over the next fifty or so years.
EU integration is definitely favourable (though we can argue all day about what course the EU should take). But again, Britain is the problem in Europe as it is in so many other areas.

To clarify my position, i would be in favour of a Scotland outwith the Union of Great Britain, integrated fuller, and deeper, in the European union - with the English and the Welsh.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote