Thread: Omac
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 16:09   #92
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: Omac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
I say just release the code and let the people provide everything. With linux and the like, the community provide a lot of support.

You could ask people for suggetions on what they want to see, and then anyone can attempt to put that idea into to the code, then the devs can look to see which is the best one.

I would love to get hold of the code, and have a fiddle around.

As gate said above we dont need the M/C/E res names, just Roids/Credits, less coding and easier on the stats makers.

But then we all need a bigger player base, but you could make it more attractive with the help of the community.

I think the biggest problem is giving so much away for free (game wise), their is no incentive to pay for a full account.

Most MMO's give you a few weeks free and then ask you to pay to play.
i donīt think the payment really is an issue to gain/keep more players playing this game.
Even though there was free accounts (more or less playable) the playerbase dropped every round.
Ofc its easier to gain new players when the game is fully free to play, but i dont think gaining new players ever was the problem.
The Problem always was to keep those ppl playing.

Now serious, what is PA, what u got to do ? lets forget about the startup phase (which is pretty interesting with initing roids, starting new researches and stuff, followed by a shuffle and getting to know your new galmates), but whats after that ?
You launch your fleets and then wait like 7-10 hours (or even more in start) until you see a combat report. you are happy or sad however it turned out and then got to wait the same time again until the fleet is back. Meanwhile u can idle on IRC...

What about introducing a game system where u actually have to develope your planet further and further ?
I am thinkin of doing it in real time, like its done in so many other games, click production of the new metal mine and it says it will be completed in 0:15:00 h...
Keep the fleetmovement to 1h ticks, but do the rest in real time, introduce more things to build on your planet, introduce a use of your population, watch em grow. Introduce some special weapons you can research, like sending a bomb causing an earthquake on your hostiles planet destroying building and population there.
There is millions of things which can be done, add something to the game to do beetween waiting for your fleet to arrive and you will make the game interesting for many many more player (including those not beeing able to spend their european nights in front of the PC waiting for incs to pop up)

I know many of us love the game for their simpleness, but hey we are ppl who played pacman for hours and hours in our youth. Nowadays you need more then 4 ghosts running after you and some dots to eat while moving left, right, up and down.

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote