View Single Post
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 14:39   #135
Bertrant

I just wonder in this thread what is the sense of farming? Some players give ships for free to others. He pays nothing for these ships, but he won't get an advantage in Ressource, but in tactics. This means, that the donating players should be deleted first, as they abuse the rules of playing as they don't try to win themselves, but being in the top "whatever".
In my opinion the problem is not in the rules or in the announced facts, but in the players who seek the holes in the rules to get an advantage on the fair players.
This guy Rabba, (I don't know him as I'm a far too bad player to fight in this league) found a hole in the rules. Instead of being honorful and announcing this hole in the forums and claiming for the closure, he used it to get an advantage.
After it was known to Prince, he acted for the fun of the community. And fun is the highest ware in this game, forcing a lot of players to stay up at night and trying to fool their neighboor. Every act to enhance fun is a good act! Even it costs one or two clever players their position. It is like in RL, where you angry about Spammers, but you can't get them with law. But here the Creators can change the law to get back fairness, even by teaching it "the hard way"

Summary: It wasn't fair for Rabba, but Rabba and his friends didn't play fair either