View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 04:35   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the power of music!

Most of the emotional connections I've formed with songs are just associations of how I was feeling when I listened to them. The first Dido album is one of the few things in the world that can send me into a depression simply because I had a month period where I was unhappy and someone played it every day.

Similarly, there are various clubbing songs ('Eclipse' by Apoptygma Berzerk & 'We Stand Alone' by Covenant) which make me almost "come up" when hearing them (because they're both brilliant and the first fifty times I heard them I was as high as a kite).

Other songs (like Brand New's 'Quiet Little Things') make me think of poker due to heavy over-listening when I was playing fairly heavily online.

The only song that I can think of which actually changed my emotional state without any internal association is Green Day's "Hitchin' a Ride" and I'm not even sure why that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
(probably the only song I've ever liked for the lyrics)
Off-topic, but I don't get this. I'd say the majority of the music I like is (at least heavily) becuase of the lyrics. A tune can be enjoyable enough but without words it all seems a bit flat to me.

This is also why I don't appreciate most dance music - which everyone promised I would once I took any drugs.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote