View Single Post
Unread 4 Nov 2006, 17:16   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: What have alliances turned into...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I wasn't saying it just to benefit my own alliance, that would be nice, I was saying it because I'm tired of all this whinning and no one stepping up.
It strikes to me as very strange, if you're this charismatic, courageous, and determined leader with a vision on how to win a round, how exactly have you not managed to either get a foothold at some major alliance's command staff, or collect those 50-60 decent members?

It's all a lot more than just pipe dreaming about great members, you actually have to work in order to get the members. It's part of the process of becoming "big" or "major player". The way Chef mentioned, is one of the hows of building up.

I'm to be honest proud to say I've got a few solid people such as add and MortalP around in my ranks. Neither was exactly "top name" when they came to Omen, and neither is probably a "top name" today, but both are more or less trained by/in Omen, and are brilliant assets I greatly respect. The few of the remaining dedicated and devoted players.

The thing is, while these two people can be called successes in the process Chef described, it's hard to find these in sufficient numbers to build a succeeding alliance on them, even if I'd probably have a different base if I had 10 adds and 10 MortalPs around.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote