Thread: Internet forums
View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:32   #32
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Internet forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
People still threat it like its the bestest thing to ever hit the world wide web in the form of a discussion board. It was a decent forum/community back some years ago, but like most places its gone downhill with its increased memberbase.

The forum structure has largely improved over the years, the rules are basicaly the same, a lot of new people did join but still it's system is valid enough to keep out the typical internet trash. It became a lot bigger but it already was very big and crowded. I don't see a lot of this downhill thing except that it became even bigger and I think it did quite well considering the large influx of new members.

Also, it's known that when things become more wideknown, more popular and thus getting more media attention it's a good reason for the true internet hipster to kick against it because that's how it goes when you aren't living in the 2002's!

I might be rather restricted in my internet travelings but still I never saw a message board community this size being this structured, well moderated and with so many fields of interests so please show me and other people where to go to find the places that you know of so that the OP knows where to look at instead of claiming 'hey this shit sucks and i am not really useful for the original poster or any other person interested in decent forums on the big bad internet'.