View Single Post
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 23:28   #35
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Re: It Has to be said, its youre a muslim, youre praising allah like never before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Well, now it does sure. But during the Cold War we apparently came close over complete non-issues (e.g. Cuban Missile Crisis).
I really have no idea whether anybody would have fired. Scary, scary time and it is unbelievable that it got that far. I think we can only guess what would have happened were concessions not made by both sides. Here's a question:

Imagine that the soviets had attacked america with nuclear missiles and you, being commander and cheif, had sole responsibility for the retaliation. Or vise versa, if you are so inclined. The missiles are half an hour from making the USA the worlds largest crater. Nothing will be left of america. Do you order a retalitory nuclear strike? The birds passing each other in the air. Enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world several times over some people have stated, though I'm not sure as to the validity of this statement. Or do you accept that it might be better to let the world carry on living, considering that you're all going to die whether you retaliate or not. I actually find this a tough call. The notion that the world would be left pretty much under the control of a super power that is willing to use nuclear weapons on any country it does not like is clearly disturbing, but would you rather there were no human populated world left? Answers on a postcard.