View Single Post
Unread 25 Jan 2008, 04:38   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: For all those outthere wanting to hear something about brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
Rousseau once said that democracy could not be the dictatorship of the majority, and yet thats how my country is ruled.
Do not despair muslim. Despite the horrors you face it could be worse.

I mean...despite the dictatorship, the Brazilian upper/middle classes still enjoy vastly superior standards of living to the rest of the country. They can expect to live up to fifteen years longer than their distant relatives among Brazil's poor or so I'm told. This could be because of disparities in health but more likely it's probably that the paler skinned wealthier Brazilians are like the Elves from Lord of the Rings. The favela dwellers are of course orcs - violent, evil hordes who breed far too quickly.

So the orcs children are three times more likely to die before their 1st birthday than the wealthy kids. So what? A poor woman has, what...500 kids? Who cares about losing a few when you've got so many? And cos there's so many poor blighters, obviously they can't all receive immunisations can they? I mean...hello? We need to save them for people who matter, right? And yeah the wealthy continue to have vastly better access to higher education which then carries on with predictable impact on employment prospects and economic attainment generally. But that's common sense. Why would a dumb negro go to college? How is that going to help him clean my car?

And yeah the poor...lots of silly facts thrown around. Number without access to basic sanitation : ten million. Yawn! Number who encounter semi-regular malnutrition : thirty million only a few years ago. Poor people don't get hungry like other people - and anyway, they can eat their kids if they really get hungry. And then there's overcrowding, poor standards in housing construction, unemployment, blah, blah, blah.

And then there's the violence. We have murders in the UK of course - 850 in 2002 for example. But you guys - same year - almost fifty thousand. Wow! Needless to say it's those ghastly urchins who end up dead (thank the lord!) And yeah, some of the fifty-thousand may include the thousands of people the Brazilian police are said to have bravely shot. But that was all in the line of duty. Even the ones found shot in the head with their hands tied behind their backs. Resisting arrest you see. Those damn bolsheviks at Amnesty International put the figure for 1999 to 2004 at ten thousand police killings, but why count dead cockroaches? Plenty more where that came from.

What I'm trying to say here old chap is don't despair. It could be worse. Not that this means I'm sort on Comrade Lula mind you. Let me be clear : This dictatorship that is robbing you of your hard-earned money sounds pretty ghastly. Full of rotters who just can't wait their turn!

Why can't they wait for economic growth to deliver the benefits it promises to all? I mean, when I was young, we didn't have broadband. So we waited, and Maggie Thatcher (god bless her) came along, privatised BT and we all got broadband a few weeks later. Because we waited our turn. I didn't go round committing crimes or bleating on about Human Development Indices.

Of course, some might argue it's a tad easier to adopt a "wait for the market to sort it out" approach when you're not living in a miserable shack in a disease violence plagued favela somwhere wondering how you're going to feed your kids....but that doesn't make any difference to me.

After all, fairness is fairness. The politics of envy is a disgusting thing muslim and you're right to make your case against it. I stand shoulder to shoulder with you.After all, I worked hard to get the opportunities I got. For example, I was born. This took months of effort and meant I was automatically wealthier than most of the world's population. A fairs days pay for a fair days work. The Brazilian poor just need to pull up their socks, get on their bicycles, work hard and one day maybe they'll come out of my mums vagina too. If they're lucky, they might even get broadband...
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote