Thread: Are you ready?
View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 09:52   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Are you ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Suppose that everything in the universe was made of Legos. Science always works to explain how legos form different formations and how this combination does this and that combination does that and if this number of legos is propelled at this speed and the collides it will form this, etc. The real question is who made all the legos to begin with.
This issue is a bit of a red herring. Asking "who" made them is a loaded question, and it is not something I'll answer until you ask it in a less stupid way.

Quote:
Are you saying that the whole system of things that exist is completely random and just managed to form life and evolve purely from random chance? Again the odds of that happening are next to impossible.
Another red herring, in particular the "just managed to [...] evolve purely from random chance?" Random chance is one of the predicates for evolution (there must be mutation for evolution to be able to take place), not one of it's flaws.

Your ID and Creationist crowd have an analogy, the watchmaker; that upon finding a watch, you must imply the existance of a watchmaker, because the watch is too precise, too complicated, to have come about through random chance.

Evolution, in a way, is the same. Everything we look at implies (selected) randomness. From the genetic code to the way plants and animals interact, to the very origin of the galaxies themselves.

Scientists are not out to destroy religion per se. Many of the early, and indeed some of the current, set were deeply religious, but published their findings anyway. Some believe that science is compatable with the idea of god, and indeed it is; you can never disprove the existance of anything through empirical evidence.

We, however, are living through a time when science has discovered no evidence for god. This is not in itself damning, but when you stack up all the evidence of the things, which do not require a god to work, against it then the space for god to hide in is getting smaller and smaller, and organised religion's great tendancy to reject the cold, unbiased fact of many scientific discoveries has meant that

Quote:
You take emperical evidence for granted and don't understand that there are trillions upon trillions of things about our universe that have yet to be discovered.
I am well aware of the large number of things which science is yet to discover or even start to investigate. However, to a certain level of measurement, we're doing pretty well at modelling the universe.

This is another logical fallacy by the way, it's called "God of the gaps". I'm sure you've been informed of this before.

[edit]

Quote:
Your forgetting one thing. How does this complex system of building blocks and DNA even exist?
Oh, and if this in any way refers to anything but the creation of the universe, I refer you to cosmology, on the one hand, and the RNA World Hypothesis (and others) on the other. Your asking where DNA came from seems to indicate that you have not read anything on the RNA World Hypothesis, which seems to be rather insulting; I've read a significant quantity of the bible, I've read upon the history and dogma and philosophy of the church. I see you are so arrogant as to not grant me the same courtesy.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote