Thread: Are you ready?
View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:23   #52
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Are you ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
I read this tonight and I must say it kinda shocked me. I know what it’s about, it’s about 7th century Britton and I think the character is the best representation of my views I have seen so far.

"I am no Christian. These days it does no good to confess that, for the bishops and abbots have much influence and it’s easier to pretend a faith than to fight angry ideas. I was raised a Christian, but at 10 years old, when I was taken into Ragnar's family, I discovered the old Saxon gods who were also the gods of the Danes and of the Norsemen, and their worship has always made more sense to me than bowing down to a god who belongs to a country so far away that I have met no one who has ever been there. Thor and Odin walked our hills, slept in our valleys, loved our women and drank from our streams, and that makes them seam like neighbours. The other thing I like about our gods is that they are not obsessed with us. They have their own squabbles and love affairs and seem to ignore us much of the time, but the Christian god has nothing better to do than make rules for us. He makes rules, more rules, prohibitions and commandments, and he needs hundreds of black-robed priests and monks to make sure we obey those laws. He strikes me as a very grumpy god, that one, even though his priests are forever claiming that he loves us. I have never been so stupid as to think that Thor or Odin or Hoder loved me, though I hope at times they have thought me worthy of them"

I'm sure you see yourself as worthy, which is noble. There are many programmed randoms, it’s your choice if you choose to execute one. The world may be smaller and more grown up than 1,300 years, but the trap doors are ever more plentiful.
Religion has long been used as an oppressive and controling force in Europe and in other parts of the world as well. God really does love us and the rules are not as important as loving and being loved.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote