Thread: Alliance limit
View Single Post
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:45   #14
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I know the full functionality of the game. I don't know how users always apply it, nor do I know all the users and exactly how THEY play the game.

How do I know how big an alliance should be to take on a galaxy a night?
I could spend hours painstakingly tracing alliance attacks over a period of weeks, and trying to average them out, or I could just ask the alliance BCs, many of whom have probably been around for a few years.
Well, you should obviously do exactly those calculations. Sorry if this sounds utterly arrogant, but that's exactly what the game designer responsible for balancing is doing in our company: running a gazillion excel sheets simulating different scenarios. Of course that gets harder the more variables you include in the simulation; f.e. galaxies growing over the course of a round leads to even more fleets being required over the course of a round in order to roid them. I think this is just going to be another argument for _removing_ galaxies completely and take that sphere shaped universe approach