View Single Post
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 21:37   #26
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Bottom of the Class

I'm not surprised that the Nordic countries won. They always win quality of life surveys. I'm not surprised the UK came last. I only hope this helps the UK realise that we fair extremely poorly compared to our European neighbours. Hopefully that will help the public put pressure on the government. Ideally, it'll force them to vote for a party that actually has some kind of strategy (and force the parties to create a strategy, obviously) to pull us out of this mess we're in.

I thought my childhood was poor in regard to education. But looking at the kids in my area I see that they have an even poorer education, that they spent a greater amount of time hanging around making a nuisance of themselves, and have a far poorer emotional relationship with their parents. This seems to coincide with the rise of teenage mothers. And actually it's not just the kids to be fair.

The only way to improve quality of life is to improve the state education system. Kids will put their efforts into intellectual pursuits instead of
having kids, starting fights, stealing and bullying; they'll see they can make a decent future for themselves (banker, writer, lawyer, artist, etc.) that they can work towards within the education system. They'll also have something to teach their future kids.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote