View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2012, 12:23   #49
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: Round 49 Change Log Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Ok. Golan will be pleased.
And that's the whole point of this exercise isn't it? It could still be seriously abused though, I'd rather it had a fixed max cap over 200 ticks like galaxy donations. Pumping alliance resources to a small planet in a big gal, and then from that planet to gal fund, from gal fund to a much bigger planet is CLEARLY circumventing the whole principle of alliance limits on donations.

It's not really an opaque problem, but I get the feeling I could argue my case for years with Appoc and he would never understand how unfair this could actually be. I'm just surprised no-one else has abused it big time.

Nothing about the gal fund limit of 75 mill being easy to work around either. But I guess no-one really cares if the top galaxy has 100 mill each in their fund. My only question is why even have the 75 mill limit in the first place then.

The PL stuff is meh, as an active player I'd just PL the wrong tick and let the target gather PL def if he wants, just to launch on a different tick. It only really helps the active players waste even more alliance fleets, and it will increase the frustration of people that try to gather PL def before going to bed. Worst of all though, it'll make getting defence easier against the less active alliance that you know won't change their PL.

Also don't forget, the more powerful you make constructions (amps/dists in this case) the more powerful you make Terrans and certain governments.
Haphazardly making core changes like these before ship stats are finalized is absurd. It should all be worked out together with a goal in mind and go through beta testing to see if the changes are working as intended. Seems like we just skip all that these days, make some stats and some random PL changes, cross our fingers and hope for the best. Gee, I wonder why this game isn't gaining players.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote