View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:10   #29
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

Chika, you're so caught up in your own thoughts.

What I didn't understand was 'the only reason WP came back' logic (which is bollocks).
Why should any alliance want to come back? Why did eXilition come back in round 18? Because it thought there wasn't much competition? No. It really doesn't matter why they wanted to come back, it has nothing to do with your real (shit) point.

Namely, that we should care if WP (especially) win a round. WP winning would not be a sign that the game's gone to the dogs. It's all a delicate balance. I'm not saying WP have always made the best strategic decisions in the past, but it doesn't mean that they couldn't (and wouldn't have deserved to) have won.

It's worth emphasizing that WP in membership and character are different now to what they were several rounds ago. They're also placed in a different alliance situation. Judging them by what they did one or two years ago is a fool's game.

Not to mention the fact that WP have been winning midround before, and rounds are rarely decided on the (not such a high number)nth week, so why this is an issue now (unless you seriously think alliances are going to proactively go for WP on account of this logic, haha) I don't know.

Stop talking nonsense.