View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:45   #24
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The only reason WP came back

I imagine most of the alliances at the top are content to have a chance of winning late on in the round. I don't think many have the energy to start wars any more. Odd in a way, it was probably never so easy. I think most players in high up positions always expect the worst when they think about going to war. NitinA's a good example, I have no doubts if he envisaged a fight with CT he'd think of it as a two week long marathon. Not surprising really, he's been unwillingly dragged through too many wars. Of course, someone else would look at that and say 'I would make sure it was three days.'

Wandows: A lot of players like to (quit or) play for themselves or their galaxies when they don't feel they have a meaningful alliance membership. These players aren't interested in the politics of their (presumably new) alliances. When command staff / members are moving around all the time, alliances end up feeling very diluted and they begin to look very unimportant.