View Single Post
Unread 14 Jun 2005, 21:31   #10
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: post your oldest pm

Quote:
14 Jun 2001, 23:35

Hiyo

alright m8. Are you ok? i read a little post of yours about being rejected or something. please mail me back if there's something wrong ok.

Tactitus
Obi Dick

Say What?
Quote:
You posted and...well, tactitus' tables seem to have missed a decimal on the zikonian vs. destroyer by resource table, so im left to guess.

Huh? Care to elaborate?
Cyp
∞+♪²

Dog without legs

I don't understand the joke. You said a dog with iron balls and no back legs would be called Sparky, however, I don't see how a dog with no back legs could achieve the required velocity to generate sparks.

Could you please explain the joke, to help me understand it?
xtrasyn
Legend

about this thread

xtrasyn
Re: Re: another classic example of american ignorance

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
originally posted by xtrasyn
That's awfully xenophobic of you, because mostly, we do.

Not wanting to slag you off or anything. I roughly know where every country in the world is. As do most people I know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't saying that it was ethnocentric because most people don't know where foreign countries are,

I was saying it was ethnocentric because
A) He implied that everyone should know where England was, but knowing where Chad is is less vital
and
B) It assumes that people everywhere value geographic knowledge as much as he does.

If you were working with some tribe in Africa, and found out that the tribe members didn't know their multiplication tables, would you call them 'ignorant'? I think you would just understand that they don't value that the way you do.

Just wanted to clear up what I said. Anyway, he probably is an ignorant fcuk because we do value geography just as much as you, and everyone should know where the UK is because they are mentioned in every other news article anymore.

But I still found it to be ethnocentric.

ta, I'm off to the airport
------------------

Okido M8, I see your point.

Have a good flight.
in all my time i've gotten maybe 20 messages, and they all still there. this is the ~1st five. after that is
A) message to myself for postcount purposes (those stupid mods will never catch on)
B) lots of riddle and math related crap.

the end.

oh and
C) Mong sending me a "strike 1" mod warning (about an obscene thread i posted in a forum people weren't allowed to post in)
and
D) Mong sending me a "strike 1 retraction" message in response to my response

Last edited by acropolis; 14 Jun 2005 at 21:40.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote