View Single Post
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 21:50   #9
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Best Sci-Fi Movie

Serenity was a good film. Problem was it was only really good if you had seen the series and already knew the characters, seeing as there was little to no character development in the film itself. This probably partly explains why it didn't do too well at the box office. Shame really seeing as if it had done well we probably would have seen a sequel (or sequels!).

When I think of sci fi the first film to pop into my head is Star Wars (A New Hope, which is what I assume the ranking is referring to, not the trilogy as a whole), which is why I'd have it as number 1 on my list. Sure, it doesn't have any deeper meaning than just being an adventure in space but what it does it does well. Star Wars has had a lot of flak over the years from people saying it's overrated, not to mention the damage that the prequels have done to it, but it's still a very enjoyable film.