Thread: Dichotomy
View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2008, 06:14   #7
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Dichotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
In reality the governement has made it a demeaning experience to get any kind of benfit. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get health coverage for the kids and one of the requirements is prove their indentity using a drivers license or a passport. They are too young to get a drivers license and we have never had a need for a passport plus it's not cheap to get a passport.
Birth certificates not sufficient??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
People who favor the death penalty frequently are the same ones who hate abortions because of the sanctity of human life.
Perhaps this is a moral question; assuming that more religious types are more likely to be against abortion, which they see to be the killing of an innocent child, they have problems with that. However, a criminal (who, given the penalty of death who probably committed a serious crime such as multiple murders [of presumed innocents]), the death penalty for this affront to the killing of innocents is justifyable not only as punishment (and let St Peter sort them out), but also as deterrance for would-be criminals and thus minimise the damage done to other innocents.

I think it can make some degree of sense. I dont agree with it at all (i find myself generally in favour of abortion and against the death penalty), but that doesnt mean that there is some logic behind it.

Then again, why does it have to be logical? We're talking about humans here, with bounded rationality being the norm at best.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote