View Single Post
Unread 12 Dec 2007, 08:25   #15
Daynan

Daynan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Galaxy Militia & Structures - Shared Property

I think you guys are reading more in to this than what I originally posted... or maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

Unlike normal planets the x:x:1 will not be able to grow as big as it wants. It will be restricted.

Here are some examples of limitations on x:x:1

Only 3 galaxy wave distorters can be created total.
This will help a new planet more than a progressed planet but both will still gain benefit.
Here is a situation. There are 6 Xan in the galaxy and a pair of buddies, a Zik and cat, who want to go raiding together. Lets say a galaxy wave distorter costs 6 times as much of a normal distorter, it would cost about the same if only 6 planets contribute funds toward it. if they convince the Zik and the Cat to also contribute they then share the cost 8 ways and it comes slightly cheaper and benefits all 14 planets in the galaxy including any new planets as they show up. So now they build 2 more of these galaxy wave distorters and can build no more.

Galaxy Fleet is responsible for defending x:x:1 it can not be sent away.
It's strength is that it can have ships of all races. It's weakness is that it must stand and fight. It can not evade attacks. Also it will be limited in numbers. The total value of the fleet might be a maximum of perhaps 20% of the average value of the galaxy. Planets would have to send help if it is attacked. There could be a research that could increase the max value to 30% and 40%. Ticks for research would be 100 ticks and 150 ticks.

Weapons platforms. stage 1 (72 ticks)

You can only build 1 of each type of weapons platform. Each platform has 500 guns and does 8-25 damage depending on what they target.

There are six types

# T1 T2 Construction Time
1 Fi Co 15 ticks
2 Fr De 15 ticks
3 Cr Bs 15 ticks
4 Co Fr 15 ticks
5 De Cr 15 ticks
6 Bs Fi 15 ticks

Each of these will be the equivalent of about 500 ships. Not much to scare big planets attacking other big planets. It does and a little risk to attacking any cat though where before there was none if you avoid normal ships. Smaller players can benefits from this though if they started playing late in the round.
Daynan is offline   Reply With Quote