View Single Post
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 18:07   #44
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Jenova: As its over, how many planets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The jenova co-ords on munin were taken from jenova's own database which I had access to since July 2nd until I gave it to everyone in #transcendancy one day and they took down that address at some point. I believe there were 96 planets that jenova had marked down as jenova. Of these planets 93 had def points marked down for them. I did consider this to be unfair, and as I wasn't in a charitable mood at the time over the closing of achi and rob for scanning I reported this to remy. I sent on screenshots of the members list and the points list. The conversation ran something like this.

Jul 08 22:54:53 <remy|afk> ah ok
Jul 08 22:55:01 <remy|afk> that might be confusing a bit
Jul 08 22:55:11 <remy|afk> LCH used to grant defpoints too to non-LCH

Yes, I found it pretty funny as well. I have no idea who, if any of the planets were closed.
----

Basically, I'm going to cut to the chase here, I mean no offense in what I am about to say, IT MAY offend, but its rather just straight comment not meant to offend anyone.

1. Alliances make all kinds of dirty deals. This includes NAPs, non aggression deals, mutual def deals, mutual attack deals.

2. The mess that is 'support planets' and 'alliance limits' is a complete crock of shit. You can add in all the hubris abd bullshit from people who start espousing morality (Yes, thats You Phil), and PA team members and long term players who start splitting bloody peas on the subject matter. This thread is a classic example, you're all wittering on about someone having 20 extra 'members' while in the whole round entire allies were basically doing the same thing on a much larger scale. But one is dirty, one is not. Apparently.

To JBG, You were in a bloody tripple alliance wrapped up in public attempts to circumvent basic game operation - and the alliance limit. *scendency is a nice idea, but seriously, just HOW in gods name do you have the temerity to start hauling others through the mud when your whole alliance tripple wing special premise is as much morally in contravention of the spirit of the rules of the game as any other alliance out there.

To PATEAM, the support planet rule and the alliance limit is one fat wallowing mess, you can't fully explain it, and I do understand you're going to rework the wording to try and fix that, but *sigh*.., the players and alliances don't understand it, don't accept it, fly aeroplanes through it, trucks over it, submarines under it, you name it.

Finally, I will end with, support planets and its ruling should be cleaned up. Planets outside of tag should be allowed, at the end of round only the 70 best get tagged up, AND am I wrong in saying that ally score needs to be tallied in longer term? A planet coming into tag brings a zero score? (Correct)?

To the larger alliance audience out there, Most of you cheat. Most of you bend the rules, run large scale naps, wings, things, mutual def, mutual strike, and all the rest of the cheating crap you get up to. You'll then come here talking about how 'politics' and diplomacy are keys to the game. I'll try to remember that while watching your combined 140 member, 210 member 280 member activity takes you to the top of the charts, and worse, combines to work together to keep you there. To the long term PA players and PA team who support that total garbage - shove it where the sun don't shine.

Still, I can look forward to the next time you go close some poor bastard to make an example while pretending gargantuan cheating on a scale far larger and with far more massive impact is acceptable. I guess its a lot easier to have the balls to close one player here and one player there, than close down two (OR MORE) leading alliances for circumventing a 70 player limit on vast scale.

Either enforce your bloody 70 player limit globally, and properly or shut the **** up and eliminate it from the game rulings.