View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 13:52   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: So structure defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The main problem I have with SKs is that the way they're currently implemented doesn't actually make the game more interesting. If we put SKs in roiding classes, then everyone will always make 10% SD, and then SKing might as well not exist.

I think that the game should encourage the feeling that SKing is something you do in extreme cases only. There are only 3 reasons you'd refrain from SKing:
1) There's an unwritten community 'rule': thou shalt SK only those who have been naughty in my sight.
2) You can't. You don't have the research, your target has SD, you don't have SKs.
3) SKing someone also hurts you in some way.

We already have reason 2 ingame. Reason 1 is all well and good, but doesn't really do anything concrete. That leaves us with 3.

SKing should come out of your roid cap. You want to kill that guy? Fine, but you can't also roid him. Pick one. Every X% of structures you kill reduces your roidcap by Y%, for some X and Y.

With that feature implemented, there's no barrier to bringing SKs into the roiding fleets, and SD can either be removed (as if that'll ever happen), or weakened, since people will no longer be going around SKing willy-nilly.
This is a nice idea which we might look at in the future