View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 16:30   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So now we can rocket-attack pakistani villages without asking the CIA to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Presumably, one of the restrictions on the use of military force is the fear that your side will face casualties. Both from a military perspective, and PR perspective. So there were additional protests against the war when the 2,000th US death was announced, for instance.

If there is a new weapon which can somehow reduce the amount of (possible) deaths on your side, it might make military planners more reckless, or simply more willing to use force I'm not sure. Certainly, I would be more likely to get involved in a street fight if I had a device which could guarantee I wouldn't/couldn't die.
so far as i can see, the only case of a plane being shot down in iraq (planes rather than choppers) was a year ago, when a hercules was taken down by an SAM on a routine flight.

it is almost impossible that these planes will be used in any context in which they are at all likely to be shot down by enemy fire. this just removes the human cost of crashes (which happen in peacetime anyway).
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote