Thread: Obama
View Single Post
Unread 5 Nov 2009, 05:19   #15
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Obama

A man comes up to me and says "you need a new car". He then offers me a Huyndai and wants me to pay him for a Rolls Royce. Good deal? Should I jump on it?

The Democratic health care plan isn't even a Huyndai.

It is generously estimated to cost ONLY 900 billion dollars. $900 billion dollars which we don't have. In the past when the Dim-ocrats put through Medicare their estimate of its cost turned out to be about 8% of what it actually cost.

The Dems are trying to bury about another $240-bilion off the books so that they can then say it is only going to cost $900-billion.

Oh, by the way, between medicare and social security the US already had unfunded liability in the nature of $10-trillion.

The U. S. may well be on the verge of financial collapse. The Chinese are already in possession of enough U. S. debt and U. S. dollars to cripple us if they should decide to do so.

The only way out of it is to be fiscally prudent. We can't raise taxes to a point where we could pay the bills without ending any chance we have of financial recovery and yes we would probably drag much of the world along with us.

Adding another millstone around our neck at this point would be foolish.

Again, as I pointed out before, it is estimated the Obama's expensive "universal health care" would only cover an additional 6-12 million Americans.

Again, I will say that in many respects we already have universal health care.

When I was in the hospital, the man in the bed next to me had been there for two weeks and was expected to be there another two weeks. He was 27 years old and he had a liver and pancreas which were severely out of whack. He was unemployed and uninsured. He told me that he had gotten out of the "gang" and had recently gotten off of parole (god knows what for). This person was being given the same level of care that I was and it wasn't costing him a penny. This is not an uncommon occurrence. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO REFUSE TREATMENT TO ANYONE REGARDLESS OF THEIR MEANS IN THE UNITED STATES. How much more f***ing universal does it have to be?

Just because the US does not follow the British, Dutch, Belgian, etc. model does not mean that people are not being cared for.

You may (or may not) have noticed that there are a lot of demographic differences between the US and GB et al. Many of these demographic differences make health care more expensive in the US. There are also other, non-medical issues which effect how expensive health care in the US is. Some states have taken action to deal with some of these issues and reduced the expense. None of these measures are contemplated in the health care legislation currently under consideration. Why, because they would be offensive to some of the Democratic Party's major supporters. The American Trial Lawyers Association being a prime example.