Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 14:46   #189
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog View Post
Reading 1984 left me thinking..... heh is government torture really that bad? I mean its not like waterboarding is as bad as letting rats eat someones flesh. And the guy seems happy at the end, maybe learning to submit can actually bring peace of mind? I think I read somewhere that Islam preaches submission, they could have a point. Theres some pretty deep stuff here imo, book had a huge impact on me.

Did I mention I haev a PhD in English Literature? Not really relevant to the thread though heh, just thought Id mention it
I read that book a few years back expecting it to be utter shit (I'm not a fan of critically acclaimed stuff - give me Dan Brown any day). But 1984 was awesome, but then again for me all it was is a story. I've never been one for trying to take politcal/economical/whatever views from works of fiction.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote