Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 11:26   #172
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: The BNP

Haha, Sorry for my mathematical fail. That's quite worrying since I wrote that post inbetween questions on a MATHS PAPER. The exam is tomorrow too

JBG, we could throw around links to naturalistic fallacy, moralistic fallacy articles all day long and essentially get no where.

Quote:
I don't know what's going on in your brain here but I don't think the UK in V for Vendetta and Nazi Germany are your best examples if you want to say we need strong government.
I'm not saying we need these things, I'm saying the reason the BNP is getting votes is because of things like this. The media, especially films can leave subconscious beliefs which will later influence our decisions, kind of like subliminal advertising. The Nazi-Germany remark was aimed at showing how strong governments do actually work (not saying I support them) and how history repeats itself.

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proport...representation

(This is also how the BNP got seats in Europe).
The last line implies some kind of sarcasm as if you think I'm perhaps hypocritical?

Re-Read:
Quote:
These are just some of the opinions I've deduced over recent times, I only became 18 last year so this was my first chance to vote. I decided not to because no party has yet "proven" themselves to me, so to speak
I haven't, and wouldn't have voted for the BNP, and have no intention of doing so any time soon.

Last edited by Zeyi; 10 Jun 2009 at 11:58.
Zeyi is offline   Reply With Quote