View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 09:53   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The big ole Civ 4 thread

First impressions : It seems OK. Not a dramatic change from Civ 3 (obviously).

The look and feel of the game at first was a bit disconcerting - the menus are a little more cumbersome than I was expecting, but you soon get used to it. The 3D stuff doesn't really affect the game much, although it does look prettier (although the text used in the game doesn't look particularly good). You can use the world map as a globe of some kind which is pretty cool.

The addition of civics, religions, great persons and unit experience upgrades all seem fairly interesting (although I'm not sure how they alter the game balance throughout the game - I'm still early on in a game). There's quite a few more automation options in the game now, which removes some of the micromanagement necessary in Civ 2/3.

Overall I'm enjoying playing it, although it's not as immersive as Alpha Centauri was (so far) - Leonard Nimoy's voice talent notwithstanding.

p.s. The game now has little tip boxes which says "Sid says : " which is mildly stupid.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote