View Single Post
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 13:45   #9
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: A Ranul Tech Charity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Lamp View Post
Think about it this way: instead of me taking some money out of the company to line my pockets, I am sending that money to charity, and asking the community for some direction as to which charity to donate to. If you don't like this, then I'm sorry.

As a second point: if sufficient sums of money were donated that it would undermine growth prospects for the game, this would not be a good thing by any metric: it would reduce profits, it would reduce game players etc, and it would reduce the total sums given to charity. In short, it is in the interests of any charitable giving for the game to grow.

There is no "reinvest in the game OR give to charity" tradeoff being made here. The game is being invested in: for example, more money is being spent on advertising than on any other cost, with more money to be spent on advertising.
Yes i appreciate that but if ALL the money was invested into the game, or whatever was left over became a stockpile that could maybe in a few rounds be used to accquire something big for improving the game then that would be better for PA than giving away the revenue.

Dont get me wrong, i like the chairty idea. I would like the community to give to others BUT do that when the game is fixed. Its good you are advertising, the game needs it but it also needs to be fixed, not patched or tweaked or whatever other faffy word we can think of, it needs a proper overhaul. So many things in the game dont work or are outdated, it is ridiculously unfriendly to a new player so for all the advertising currently you will not keep anyone that you manage to attract cos a) its not worth investing time unless you are already addicted like us and b) its too hard to start up as a new player currently.

I have spoken to you about how to change the starting up process for a new player, i have even written an indepth thread and if some of the PA team commented on it properly then maybe i could help expand the idea. The fact the suggestions forum gets littlle to no feedback from the pa team means ideas are never developed. People have some great ideas, there are flaws but a simple response/critique from one of you then the OP could go back and improve thier idea and then maybe just maybe it could be implemented.

There hasnt been an actual change in PA since i started playing, everything is just tweaks. There is so many basic things that need sorting and multiple posts have been made to improve them. Start commenting and liasing with people and we can make some progress!

- Quests (scrap them and make a proper tutorial)

- Covops (overhaul and fix or scrap it)

- Scans (need to find a way that every planet can use them from tick start whilst not undermining dists)

- XP (do something with it - it has no purpose except as a score multiplier atm)

- Population (it needs to have higher planet interaction, its just a pointless number atm)

^^ There is 5 things i can rattle off that need sorting before advertising, ESPECIALLY the first one. Use the money to sort these things out and then we can start giving our profits to charity. At the moment we are one!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote