View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 09:56   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Walking, the perils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Also some bits are ****ing great like all the waterfalls and the like your like o hey a waterfall this is great. Then you're walking in a ****ing field next to a road for 2 hours and you're like oh hey an A Road with a few cars on it, a few hills that were impressive 2 hours ago but are now boring and stones underfoot that keep tripping me up and hurting my feet.

And your map exaggerated landmarks - so has to make up for it by underestimating the straights - so the boringest part of your walks last for ages, much longer than you have to.
I guess it really depends on your intrests on how enjoyable it is. My dad being from an era where things like tv's were rare and growing up on the doorstep of the Lake Distict has a great appreciation and intrest in wildlife. As such alot of the family holidays and days out would be centred around activities like Ornithology. We would goto places in Scotland, Wales and various parts of England and spend the time walking around looking for Birds or Animals. While you are on the look out for anything of intrest the time spent walking would just fly by. We would take a picnic with us and other refreshments and when someone was feeling tied we would stop, have something to eat and drink before carrying on.

They would ultimatly be extreamly enjoyable, you would spend time walking around some of the most Beautiful scenery these Islands have to offer, see all kinds of wildlife (often rare wildlife that you wouldnt see otherwise) and just get out of the town/city enviorment for a while. It also gave you a good workout.

Admitedly midges can be a real problem, but you just have to remember to take a load of repelant to keep the majority from biting you
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote