View Single Post
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 01:09   #24
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: round so far in the eye of a member of rock hc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
You can hardly say ult were running away with it as they didn't take #1 till after tick 300, yet you were at war with them before that. nor were you unaided in your attempt. If anything the fact that NewDawn have been yoyo'ing between #1 and #2 all round, using your logic of course, would have made you hit them, but instead you worked with them.
As oil said, the universe rankings are only part of the story. The historical piece he mentions wasn't the main force behind our assessment of them running away with the round though. They had very suddenly and very rapidly shot up the rankings and their growth was something approaching exponential over a period of a few days. Yes, they were #2, but when you factored in their growth rate, they would have been a mile ahead within a week.

In addition, we did hit them alone for the first few days (3 nights over a weekend if I remember correctly), I know because I was speaking to everybody I could get to listen to try and change it, but all other alliances were politely declining. Of course Ult will have had other incs as nearly every other alliance was gal-raiding, but we were the only ones actively targeting them (and specifically hitting their big forts).

Now please do me a favour, if you choose to reply to this disagreeing again, at least provide some justification for your disagreements, simple contrary statements such as "nor were you unaided in your attempt" do absolutely nothing to add to a discussion, it belongs in a pantomime rather than a grown up discussion. (Oh no it doesn't! Oh yes it does! Oh no it doesn't! Oh yes it does!....... boring).