View Single Post
Unread 20 Feb 2015, 09:07   #552
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
If you want to go play for fun, or try out how fun it realy is in a 30 man tag, go join Vikings/ODDR/FL, and then come back telling your story about it. Perhaps someone will listen more closely to your arguments if you actualy have experinced how it realy is.

Ultores won this round because they had by far the best fleet strat, and had their eyes on the price the whole round. Add that up with "luck" in regards of politics, and what seems to be by far the most active memberbase this round, i dont think PA has ever had any alliance deserving the win more than Ultores.

Unsure if you are ignorant or just misinformed from whatever wiki page you are looking at but p3nguins has played rounds with 30 and 40 members quite a few times. Often we have top planets and in fact it is well known that we play our best at a "FL/Vikings" size as you mention. Going for ally wins was always going to be a change for us but we did it and I'm proud of that after the first round we had vs apprime.

In my opinion after the previous two rounds and also ult deciding to play serious again this round there was only going to be p3ng contending them. This is not to downplay the roles of others but the game has stopped, its past tick 900 and p3ng have only just slipped into 3rd. It has been acknowledged that we have been gang banged at times and also chose to hit ult as our main competition early, I really dont know what everyone else has been doing to not be contending.

I mentioned yesterday in our priv chan some could see this as a "disaster round", which I think agar3s is trying to push for us to say but lets be realistic. If this has been a disaster round for p3ng then those currently ranked around us, with full tags or at least tags that have the number to win must be diabolical. I used to pay £5 to play pa, I'd hate to think I didnt get my moneys worth and the last few rounds I can safely say I have. I don't know what others are playing for in similar positions to us but if you had a chance to win you should take it. We tried early and ultimately paid the price for it.

I dont see why this should turn in to a HAHAHAHAHA bad politics LOLCATZ for p3ng when we were the ones who actually went for it. As mentioned by m0 earlier and as I have said many times to our players, no one cares to remember who came 3rd,4th,5th or even 2nd at an ally level, they certainly dont care whether you came 23rd one round as a planet. If you had the chance to win you should go for it, I've got no issue in saying we lost this time.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote