Thread: Reading 2007
View Single Post
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 18:01   #24
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Reading 2007

Yes, I am stealing this little list thing.

So, I got back this afternoon.
I really enjoyed it.

Bands I saw

Friday
Gossip
Jimmy Eat World
Kings of Leon
Razorlight
The Bronxs (?)

The Gossip were pretty good and she stripped down to her underwear, which not surprising. I wasn't expecting much from them at so in the end it nice. Jimmy Eat World were also pretty good, although I really shoulsd have refreshed my memory with regards to their songs. I've no idea what I was doing (possibly gonig back to the tent) but I missed the beginning of Kings of Leon who played some decent stuff and their second record is something I would suggest you listen to. Razorlight were far better than I expected, decent tunes even though their second album is totally 'selling-out'. I also think I saw The Bronxs (I didn't catch their name) and they were ****ing awsome. The band had a trumpet player or something. Find out who they are and listen.

Saturday
Eagles of Death Metal
The Shins
Angels and Airwaves
Bloc Party
The Arcade Fire
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Enjoyable music, fantastic frontman. He really went for it and got it. Even with QOTSA frontman on drums they didn't him to be there. Little disapointed with The Shins and I missed them play that song in Garden State which is by far my favourite. AVA. What a ****ing waste of my time, not even any Blink covers ffs!* Bloc Party didn't set the world on fire but they had decent tunes and I would have to say exactly the same about Arcade Fire. Red Hot Chili Peppers were such a let-down. I saw them in Cardiff a couple of years ago and they were fantastic, but this was like they were just gonig through the motions and didn't even play Under The Bridge** and his mike broke right before the very first song.

Sunday
Fall Out Boy
Smashing Pumpkins
Seasick Steve

Fall Out Boy were enjoyable and Smashing Pumpkins was a good experiance. I couldn't hear Seasick Steve. I saw a lot of comedy this year and Steven Amstell was by far the best.

Best Bands:

Razorlight
The Bronxs (?)
Eagles of Death Metal
Bloc Party
Smashing Pumpkins

Worst band:
Angels And Airwaves

Biggest Disappointment:
Red Hot Chillis

Biggest Surprise
Razorlight

Quote of the festival

"We love coming to the UK because the girls are easy. Only joking American women are slappers too." -Anthony Keidis, RHCP

Met Ste on Saturday (?) and horn on Sunday (?) and sent about a million text messages. My friend had an extra battery so that wasn't a problem. I called kila at some point and I was very drunk (not sure if he was though?) I ended up meeting two internet people out of three, which isn't bad.

*This is something I may never get over. It's really quite sad.
**see above
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote