View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2009, 23:56   #25
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: in-game levels of difficulty/expertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Just let people play the game casually if that's what they want, there's no need to implement an additional punishment for inactivity, inactivity is a punishment.
Well if there was no downside to a feature like that, everyone would use it. I think that'd be shit. If everyone uses it, then as munkee said - just attack small people at will, cos you know their fleet will run away giving no losses.

Like someone attacked me the other day - I didn't bother checking pa that morning - the guy died worse than I did. He took the risk that I would run my fleet. It failed, most people won't take that risk. If everyone had a feature like that turned on...! Would be a lot more shit attacks being sent that shouldn't be roiding people, but will cos of the feature.

Not sure attackers would risk that if they had to try and guess whether or not you were using the feature.

For example, if 99% of the universe had that feature turned on - and you claim an attack on x:y:z, shown to be Mzyxptlk in your intel. You're through, eta4 no defence - even though the bcalc with fleets involved is hideous, you will definitely land it cos you know he would run his fleet if he'd logged in, and otherwise is exceptionally likely to be using the feature. If only 40% of the universe was using it, he probably wouldnt risk doing the attack in the first place.. or get a bigger teamup. And this should be happening! Being able to roid people that your fleet shouldn't be able to roids is

So I think it'd make roiding people a lot easier.. with one or two crashes.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote