View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2009, 20:43   #21
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: in-game levels of difficulty/expertise

Well, to play pa doesnt require high activity? What tends to push activity miles high is IRC, not the game itself. Apart from HCs/DCs and the like.

Most people would say the best part of pa, by far, is working with your galaxy to cover incommings (i certainly would, as long as its a good galaxy). That can take up entire mornings...

I cant imagine PA ever being a game where someone "inactive" could be top10 (unless its an XP round, or he has mates who put in all the activity for him - and since I'm being accused of being sexist elsewhere, i should add: "or her!").

That said, although pa itself might not require much activity to do well - it does require constant activity each day. So I do think there should be a semi-vacation mode possible - where you can go inactive and not worry about being bashed (the whole option for auto-sending away fleets), but still get income. But I do think this should come with a penalty if you chosoe to use it - maybe just that your mining bonus is halved or so while you use the feature.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote