View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 14:10   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Celebrity Mercy Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
I don't think hollywood supports a particularly 'liberal' or righton view, its corporatist, not that im suggesting theres anything wrong with that. Hollywood won't allow interracial relationships and keeps the gays in the closet because it doesn't want to lose money.
There's a big difference between Hollywood (as in the studios and the corporations that own them) and the people who make up Hollywood (i.e. the actors, directors, etc.) Obviously there's some overlap but the latter lot are perceived as drastically more likely to be non-religious, pro-choice, pro-Democrat pro-not killing gays, etc as your average American.
Quote:
Whats liberal about it?
Well speaking about Hollywood's output I'd guess the biggest complaint the American right have with it is that it's not as religious as America is. I presume it's because of those evil Jews, but it's striking how few films are explicitly religious when you think about how religious America is. Or take TV. How many characters of sitcoms mention (or are seen regularly) attending religious worship? I've watched dozens (possibly over a hundred) US sitcoms and the only one I can think off the top of my head is The Simpsons (allegedly the most liberal show in America at one point).

You get the related cultural issues too (single-parents aren't demonised enough, you don't see abortion doctors being shot enough, too many characters are from or live in Jew York, etc).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote