View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 01:52   #243
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: a political summary of r24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
No, it isn't, my point was I'm not being hypocritical. My point was that there won't be a game shortly if we all continue to play like this.
There won't be a game next round if everyone who just plays in normal alliances stops playing because it isn't exciting enough.

Quote:
I've done plenty of work in PA and for PA so your implication is just way off.
What is way off is your reading if you think I have implied anything at all about your overall work in Planetarion. I am talking about the specific issue of organizing alliances right now in PA as the game continues to die.

As unexciting as it may be, boring alliances like CT and others continue to provide most of the members of this game with a place to play, without which they probably wouldn't.

Quote:
I'll criticize anyone I feel deserves to be criticized. Otherwise I'd worry about them never improving. And I wasn't insisting on my intellectual superiority with respect to you. To an extent I was pointing out why CT failed. The utter lack of any genuine leadership to look up to.
CT barely failed for a variety of reasons. Yes CT HC is not marked by inspirational personalities. I disagree that this is the only genuine type of leadership. Regardless, perhaps if we had more of that type of leadership we would have won... how does that make us idiots? It wasn't a choice we made, we are playing the hand we are dealt and that hand includes a fairly humble and shy group of people. Is this something we deserve to be insulted for?

Quote:
To be honest I'm genuinely confused why some people play PA, and this isn't really aimed at you germania. They just set themselves up for the most predictable bland round they can think of and complain when they get bored. It's just bizzare.
I completely agree. Few things have frustrated me as much in the last few rounds.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote