View Single Post
Unread 1 Jan 2008, 20:19   #228
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: a political summary of r24

jupp
As difficult as you guys made our round, I too respect your efforts to create war and competition. That said I cannot for the life of me understand why you are taking digs at CT for not being friendly with you when you obviously had no interest in friendship with us (quite the contrary in fact). You offered us a rather unfriendly nap after your first war against us and even that was only a ploy to get Urwins to attack us. At which stage of this process would CT have opened doors with friendship? If I had pmd you and stroked your ego would you have abandoned your goals for the round and become CT partisans? I gave you guys more credit than that and treated you like gamers.

elalan
CT was a battle group last round and we haven't won a round since round 20, I don't know what on earth possessed you to expect us to be some uber-alliance that knows everything. We are just a bunch of better than average players trying to keep an alliance going and contending as PA dies out. That is all weve ever claimed to be.

JBG
Perhaps one of the reasons people arent eager to step up and HC alliances is because they know that unless they manage to perform amazingly people like you will desmiss all thier work and call them retards.

You seem to want to play a game that isn't Planetarion. This is a very simple and poorly designed browser game hemmoraging players and dedication. If you are looking for complex plans and excited playerbases... I don't know what to tell you. Some of us are trying to keep the game going while others sit back and snipe at the few people still crazy enough to put themselves out there.

CT is a very flawed alliance. Nobody is more aware of that or more vocal about that than our core players almost all of whom have played in great alliances in the past. We formed in round 20 not because we have time and energy, but because there were no better options for us. We have struggled since then to keep CT alive and relatively good as the player base continues to dwindle and as all of us, members and command, struggle with staying motivated and balancing our real lives with Planetarion.

CT bashing is fun, I do it as much as anyone else, but at least when we do it in CT we also know that no small amount of effort goes into keeping an alliance going these days. Just keeping the basic functions of the alliance running for multiple rounds, while certainly unimpressive in the grand scheme of PA is more than most alliances have been able to do recently. I'm certainly not asking for a trophy here, but if you actually want Planetarion to get better perhaps you should sympathize with those of us trying to make things happen even if we fail to achieve the kind of exciting play that everyone wants to see.

logbat
Before you approached CT we had made no deals with any other alliances, not even ToF. This is exactly why we napped you, we had no block and we knew you were out looking for naps and allies so rather than face an urwins lead block against us when we knew the other top ally ND was historically anti-CT we napped you as a stalling tactic if nothing else; we actually expected you guys to break the nap and come at us with a block as soon as we pulled ahead.

Kargool
There are no planetarion rules about how many people you are allowed to have in an irc channel, we actually did have a fair amount of non-players in channel. I also think its funny that after a thread full of people going on and on about how shit ct is you are still trying to pretend CT is some kind of evil super alliance. We were recruiting people up until the last day of the round to fill our tag spots, anyone who thought that every nick that passed through #ct at the beginning of this round was playing actively with us is an idiot.

Mzyxptlk
The simple fact of the matter is that for round 24 CT was not mediocre. Contrary to self-serving alliance discussion myths CT is not full of noobs who think we are amazing. The core of CT is mostly made of extremely experienced players who are painfully aware of how rough it is in CT. We are also well aware that our bad alliance has been the most successful new alliance in this dark era of PA. It isn't much but it isn't nothing either.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote