Thread: The Console War
View Single Post
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 16:57   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Console War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
It works fine for what it is, but its still a kludge which removes any possibility of there being higher levels of skill.
If you can't get higher levels of skill, then how come I saw a wide variety of skill when we played it all the time at school

There was also very little difficulty (if you used the correct control system anyway) in moving to more vertically orientated maps in Perfect Dark, with the c-buttons and joystick being pretty analagous to the keyboard and the mouse in terms of usage.

Furthermore, I find "proper weapon binds" to be much easier to use than having to flick through weapons, given the deterministic nature of the former and the relative nature of the latter (ie, when I pressed mouse-4 in UT2K4 I'd always get the flak cannon, whereas cycling forward two weapons in Goldeneye gives a different result based on what weapon I am using and what weapons I am carrying. The selection system in Perfect Dark is more analagous to weapon binds, anyway).
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote