View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2017, 11:42   #83
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Kai's Rd 73 Stats

Guess i should put in a few words myself so that everyone is on the same level.

First off this is still a set proposal thread, while it's the only offer to date, nobody has said yet that this set will be used. It's still a proposal which is up for consideration along side with rerunning an old set. As per usual the set to be used will be announced and called final when signups open.

Qua targetting and balance i think the set overall does well at the moment, but yes it's something new and different. Which i don't think is a bad thing. Especially since i get complaints that sets look/feel too much the same all the time.

We've done other weird things in the past like removing etd, zik and even xan for a round. We've had 2 and 3 pod sets. We've had 0 loss def sets and sets with weird EMP values. PA has alot of options and i personally applaud every effort to do something different and new instead of always sticking to same exact same concept/rules.

While i try to ensure a certain degree of balance in a set i also believe that the creator of a set should get a certain amount of creative freedom to put his style into a set. Else every set would be a clone of all of my preferences.

In this case that mainly means stealing your third pod. Something i've done too in a past xmas set which actually turned out to be fun.

I've made a few comments to kaiba to date about his set he has chosen to not implement which i've respected upto now under what i call "personal creativity":
  • Give the third pod for free
  • Make the set more MT

In full transparancy i've also made a few other comments to him regarding his set that are still not resolved:
  • Kaiba wanted higher salvage rates to improve defensibility. I questioned the need for this and said we'll see how the set plays out in bcalcs. I've seen that kaiba stated he was happy with the bcalcs under the default salvage rates. So he might not want/need the higher salvage rate afterall. Still have to talk this through with him next time he comes on IRC. (Hint Hint Kaiba)
  • A new racial bonus system needs to be worked out to replace the current bonuses since they don't apply anymore in a full ETD universe. I'm still waiting on a proposal for this. Without this, this set can't be played. And to be honest this will not be an easy task to accomplish in the short time remaining.

I also told kaiba today that i definately want to see a beta happen with these stats before any descission is made on this set. But the beta can't happen with the current racial setup. Cat still has 40% salvage rate. So we need a new racial setup before we can launch a beta.

After the beta we can than evaluate this set properly regarding
  • The pod stealing thing
  • The required salvage rate
  • Set balancing
  • Racial balancing

At this point i might overrule kaiba's wishes or not. But we are still far away from this point considering signups open in 8 days and their is still alot of work to be done.

So my suggestion to everyone is move on from the pod thing for now and help kaiba come up with a balanced racial setup and come play the beta to see for yourself if your issues have merrit or not. If they still do speak up and i promise we'll listen.
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote