View Single Post
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 13:03   #15
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Education as opposed to innate intelligence

Tell him to structurize his essay's, tell him to find/make a suitable structure for that kinda texts up front and memorize it
and be honest about how serious it is

- What's the problem
- Why is it a problem
- What are the possible consequences (Incase of Positive and negative, do em seperatly)
- What are the causes

- What can be done against it (one thing at a time)
- Why is that measure needed
- Which conditions have to be met (which arn't met, how can they be met, and what if they ain't.. etc)
- How is that measure applied
- How can the proces be controlled/checked
- What are the effects of it/results
- small conclusion

- What can be done against it (2)
- Why.. (2) etc

- Conclusion

tell him to make his lines as 'simple' as possible, if he's got alot to say.. do it in seperate lines
Write about one thing at a time, don't mix arguments or subjects (except in the conclusion)
Sort your arguments
And do it in paragraphs
And if it's a full essay, tell him to make an intro etc

i'm just giving an example of a basic text structure that I just made up
Their alot of texts structures available and if you follow such a structure essay's basicly write themselfs
He should basicly find a suitable one himself, but you could give an example like this one
If he does that, he'll proberbly do fine

Last edited by Alessio; 19 Feb 2006 at 13:09.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote