View Single Post
Unread 9 Feb 2007, 22:52   #43
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Re: Hey DDA where do you get your "gas" from?

I was trying to say that he thinks he is 1961´s Cuba, and he tries to feel all too important about that, despite the fact that the US was willing to have a nuclear showdown about it, and today its hard to find a shred of evidence on the Us alleged support of the coup.

Im sorry but the putting name was a mistranslation of a portuguese term.

I interpreted the 'lasting powers of the elites' as a statement that rich people would squander the resources on themselves, and not having a care in the world about the poor. To me it sounds like the ill fated term I used to describe the situation. I proceeded to explain that in south america it is not the case. Mexico is a different scenario.

Collapses of the french government? I thought there was a hiatus in the napoleonic wars and then on WWII :S. Am i wrong?

The reason for the unbalaced wealth generation has to do with us being catholic, and having pleasure in poorness and lack of interest in mundane things. This is slowly changing. It is vastly discussed and a lot better explained on Die protestantische Ethik und der 'Geist' des Kapitalismus. Blaming the élites for uneven income is as stale and unhelpfull as blaming rich countries for the existence of poor countries.

When i said
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
I wish it was like that
I meant i wish there was a government that could last for a while, given that every and any government aims at perpetuating its existence, which can only happen by keep people happy, meaning evolving.

I never lived with the Saudis, but i expect it to be a lot better than its counterparts, despite these nuisances, considering things like women walking around in normal clothing, having rights and etc.