View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2005, 13:02   #24
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Diet improves behaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
What do you mean by this exactly? I think it's a fairly key element of quantum mechanics that you can't know both the position and velocity of a particle. Obviously there's some sort of room for pedantism over "well you just can't know both velocity and position but they really do have definite positions and velocities" but this is the sort of un-empirical drivel that gives science a really bad name and makes scientists cry themselves to sleep at night and we don't want that do we
Oh wait... this was with the cat and radiation in the box thing, no? You can't determine the state of something unless you take a second peek in the box.
You can't determine the velocity of a particle without taking a second snapshot at a different time... why you can't know the position then I don't understand... Please tell me!
There's still so much to learn.