Thread: Strength +10
View Single Post
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 18:26   #37
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold
Re: Strength +10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I disagree. I am moving to a specific muscle schedule because doing a complete effective workout 2 a 3 times a week takes more netto training time, makes you more tired for the rest of the evening and you aren't training in full intensity after a group or two.
Yes in theory its better, but given the fact hes not really serious about it (he doesnt want to join a gym), then keeping track, missing workouts, and just coming up with enough exercises to fill an hour can be a pain in the arse.

Quote:
I am not a ball throwing expert but I am pretty sure that the most effective way of increasing ball throwing strenght is by throwing balls, a lot. It's more about technique then muscle strenght. You have to make you arm muscles getting used of making the ball throwing movement.
Agreed, your muslces become accustomed to the actual action of it. I was more disagreeing with your idea of doing heavy weights, rather than weights being the way to go. Heavy weights will do more harm than good, hence why cricket bowlers dont do heavy in gym, as they will get strains, tears and pulls when they come to bowl.

On a side issue, try doing the heaviest weight you can do Silversmoke for 10 reps, and then half the weight and double the reps immediately afterwards, works a treat

p.s. im bigger than you so stop arguing with me (
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote