View Single Post
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 14:09   #17
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Re: For anyone who has to use London Underground.

I find that if you are polite to people, even if they are the aggressors, you will tend to have a much better conversation! I needed to get the train on Monday but the train pulled in just as I got to the station so I didn't have time to buy a ticket. I went up to the man at the gates and asked him if I could buy a ticket for from where I caught the train to my destination. He was immediately aggressive in the way he asked why I hadn't bought one there.

I stayed calm and explained politely what had happened and that I couldn't wait for the next train as I had a GNER ticket booked at Kings Cross and would have been late, and he was really nice. Got another man to open the barrier and let me through without having to pay, wished me a good journey to kings cross and a safe journey back to Leeds. If you are polite people will be much nicer to you. If you are aggressive or short with people, they are not going to care whether you make your train or not!