View Single Post
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 19:45   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: A small bit of grammar naziism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I very much doubt a mild grammatical error would threaten someones chances of getting a job, I suspect that you would be hard pressed to find a grammatically perfect CV, expect in professions where that was a necessity.
Use of 'alot' is something any spelling-checker should/would catch though. It's a red flag that indicates that the applicant doesn't think the job and/or their resume/CV is worth the few seconds it would take to run it through said spelling-checker and fix the mistakes. I have absolutely no interest in hiring someone with that kind of attitude.
Quote:
As for grammer fascism, it should only be imposed when the lack of grammer makes the post difficult or annoying to read, cleary people make typo's and have necesary short hand.
Forum posts != job applications. For a job application I expect people to put their best foot forward. On this forum, it's fortunate if they don't fall over.
Quote:
Furthermore what are you gonna do about it?
For job applications, that's easy: Mr. Job Application, meet Mr. Trash Can.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote