Thread: Poaching
View Single Post
Unread 24 May 2006, 09:29   #48
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Poaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
Lokken mentioned above about "expecting" a certain level of loyalty from players, and I see where that expectation could be in place, but I'm not sure it's a fair expectation.. here's why, A player pays (generally speaking) to play PA, he has a responsability to him/herself to do the best they can, to get the most out of their gaming experience, and the most out of their dollar.
I disagree, this isn't about money at all, unless the alliance paid for that planet. In which case the alliance who received the player or the player who leaves should, at least in my opinion, have his planet closed until the original person who paid for him is reimbursed. I've seen wakey go nuts about players in this situation who have defected and rightly so.

The whole point, is that someone put time and effort into developing that player, the least they could expect is some time and effort back from that player to see out the round. To me it's just basic politeness and gratitude because that first alliance gave you 'value for your dollar' in the first place. While they shouldn't ask for ongoing loyalty (as this would be pointless) I don't think sticking to the end of the round is too much to ask. And this is why they have a reasonable frustration.