Thread: Poaching
View Single Post
Unread 24 May 2006, 02:30   #47
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Poaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
It's inevitable that poaching will be viewed differently by the HCs of different alliances. I'm not suprised that 1up HCs don't have a problem with poaching, since they don't suffer from it in a true sense. There is no 'bigger and better' alliance for their members to go to. Regarding their players' PA careers, they have generally reached the top - whether in 1up, Angels or eXilition/Omen/etc.

In contrast, alliances at the lower levels do have poaching issues to varying degrees. Those that train new players, such as F-Crew, are hurt more by poaching than Vengeance, Subh or xVx. 1up/others should have no real need to put much effort into players themselves - otherwise they'd have made a mistake in recruiting them in the first place. On the other hand, F-Crew et al put a phenomonal amount of effort into their members, and seeing that effort being wasted is incredibly disheartening.
I do understand your point, as we're not directly effected by this as much as a mid level alliance, however we do have our times when players go after putting effort into helping them be successful, and even in 1up, the HC try to help players improve, regardless of their skill set when they join. That's our job, we may develop players in a more "refined" manner, but we do put effort into making each member the best player they can be. We try to facilitate them in improving on their skills, attack habits, fleet composition knowledge etc.

Lokken mentioned above about "expecting" a certain level of loyalty from players, and I see where that expectation could be in place, but I'm not sure it's a fair expectation.. here's why, A player pays (generally speaking) to play PA, he has a responsability to him/herself to do the best they can, to get the most out of their gaming experience, and the most out of their dollar.

If another alliance is a better fit, then I'm certainly (in most cases) sorry to see someone go, but I would hope I'm big enough to wish them the best and move on. (there are also those that leave for other alliances and the Command team jumps up and down in glee, lol)