Thread: Poaching
View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2006, 09:19   #11
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Poaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
just a quick question
does having you members approach a large active planet and suggest that they join your alliance constitute poaching?

disclaimer
Rock accepts that members will move on to larger alliances however when they are activley pursued we take it personally , especially when the said alliance cant see the wood for the trees

No, most members have little say in who ends up recruited. Only if a High Council member states who they are openly and approaches that member about joining would it then count as poaching, and only if they knew of the former alliance beforehand.

Poaching is a subjective term as a result.

If a 1up member approached say, a ROCK planet to join 1up, that wouldnt be poaching because the 1up member has no say in the recruitment decision - they can only 'vouch' for that ROCK planet to join 1up. Their approach was merely to establish if there was an interest in the first place.

I prefer personally to let members apply to the alliance - but to some this is a daunting experience, especially people who have few links to the alliance they're trying to join so at times if I detect someone who is competent I'll try and arrange it for them to get a 1up member as a mentor to assess them further and see if they're eligble for 1up membership later on.

As for having members poached from you, no alliance is immune to that - we've had members leave 1up for pastures new - and good riddance. Disloyal dogs.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote